How the Academy works
At Newtyne, we seek out highly numerate graduates, or those with similar skills and who are seeking a career in data. We then provide an intensive 4 week training programme, enabling them to obtain the SAS Certified Base Programmer certification and the opportunity to extend their learning with our Professional Certificate in Applied Data Programming (SCQF Level 7) qualification.
The graduate selection process includes a comprehensive screening process (with credit checks and disclosure), an assessment and panel interview with reviews.
Training includes the following:
- Fundamentals – The Language of SAS and Intermediate – The Language of SAS courses to achieve the SAS Certified Specialist: Base Programming using SAS 9.4 certification.
- Writing robust code with Macros.
- How and when to use PROC SQL.
- Visual representation of the data via Reporting Techniques.
- Supporting Project workshops, exercises and examples.
- Additional training and support to achieve Newtyne’s Professional Certificate in Applied Data Programming (SCQF Level 7).
Once training is complete, graduates are deployed to your site for a fixed term, typically for one year. At the end of the engagement, you have a free, no obligation option to transfer the Newtyne Academy graduate to your permanent headcount.