How the Academy delivers success
The Newtyne Academy is an integrated consultancy and training programme designed to provide you with a skilled pool of accredited graduates, immediately able to add value to your business.
The Newtyne Academy approach will provide you with the confidence and security of obtaining employees with the right skills whilst simultaneously being able to plan for the future. At Newtyne we mitigate any risks and take away the pain associated with finding skilled resources of the calibre required.
- Results: Graduates of the Newtyne Academy are immediately productive resources, adding value to your team.
- Skills: Graduates are fully trained and sufficiently skilled to sit SAS Certified Specialist: Base Programming using SAS 9.4 accreditation.
- Contribution: Graduates are able to provide an accelerated contribution to the business throughout the year of placement.
- Planning: This also enables flexibility in managing your team and skills requirements.
Newtyne Academy Graduates are immediately productive resources, adding value to your team.
How the Academy works
At Newtyne, we seek out highly numerate graduates, or those with similar skills and who are seeking a career in data. We then provide an intensive 4 week training programme, enabling them to obtain the SAS Certified Base Programmer certification and the opportunity to extend their learning with our Professional Certificate in Applied Data Programming (SCQF Level 7) qualification.
The graduate selection process includes a comprehensive screening process (with credit checks and disclosure), an assessment and panel interview with reviews.
Training includes the following:
- Fundamentals – The Language of SAS and Intermediate – The Language of SAS courses to achieve the SAS Certified Specialist: Base Programming using SAS 9.4 certification.
- Writing robust code with Macros.
- How and when to use PROC SQL.
- Visual representation of the data via Reporting Techniques.
- Supporting Project workshops, exercises and examples.
- Additional training and support to achieve Newtyne’s Professional Certificate in Applied Data Programming (SCQF Level 7).
Once training is complete, graduates are deployed to your site for a fixed term, typically for one year. At the end of the engagement, you have a free, no obligation option to transfer the Newtyne Academy graduate to your permanent headcount.
If you would like to find out more about how the Newtyne Academy could benefit your business, please contact us.